How We Work

The 7 Steps Involved

Our Lenders
First Home Buyers
Self Employed

The information we're looking for.

When organising a home loan for you, the lenders we deal with require the following information, depending on the type of loan which is being arranged. During the loan process, the earlier you organise this material, the better. Some of our clients are so well organised, they have all this information ready for the very first appointment.

To help you make sure you supply the right information, download and print out a copy of our Custom Mortgage Checklist


Similar to opening a bank account, by law, you are required to supply 100 points of identification. ie passport; driver's licence; credit card.

Full time or Part time Employed (PAYE)

With regular employed people, you can supply TWO of the following:
- 2 current payslips showing Year to Date earnings (no older than 1 month)
- Employment Contract or letter from employer on company letterhead
- Your last Payment Summary (previously known as Group Certificate)
- Last year's Tax Return together with your last Tax Assessment Notice
- Current Statement of Benefits from Centrelink showing evidence of allowance or entitlements.

Self Employed

If you are self-employed, you will need to supply copies for each of the following:
- Personal Income Tax Returns (last 2 years)
- Business Tax Returns and Financial Statements (Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet) reflecting two years of trading activity.
- Last Tax Assessment Notice (most recent)


Company or Trust Applications

If you are involved in a company or trust, it is important to supply copies of the following:
- Company or Trust Tax Returns (last 2 years)
- Company or Trust Financial Statements (Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet) reflecting two years of trading activity.
- Personal Income Tax Returns for all Individuals, Directors, Guarantors.
- Signed and stamped copy of Trust of Deeds (if applicable)

Additional Loans or Credit Cards

Any liabilities in the way of other loans and/or credit cards.
Supply copies of:
- Loan statements (last 6 months)
- Credit card statements (last 3 months)

Residential Property

For property purchases, lenders need a copy of the following:
- Contract of Sale
- Property Valuation Statement


Copies of the following are required for refinancing purposes:
- Existing loan statements (last 6 months)
- Proof of ownership (eg council rates etc).


Investment Property

For investment property loans, you will need to supply ONE of the following copies:
- A real estate agent rental appraisal.
- A current tenancy agreement (if applicable)
- Current rental management statements.


For people who are building or renovating, the additional information is also required:
- Signed copy of Building Contract
- Copy of Builders Plans and Specifications, including council approvals, schedule etc.

It's important to note that the failure to supply the required information can sometimes cause delays in the lender assessing your application.

Please note that lenders require that Tax Returns must have been prepared by an accountant and lodged with the A.T.O. Tax Returns that are prepared by the borrower and/or submitted electronically, must be supported with the most recent Taxation Assessment Notice.

Contact Custom Mortgage
You can easily contact Custom Mortgage, either by telephone on
(08) 8342 2212 or by email. You can always send us an email, let us know your contact details and the best time to contact you, and we'll give you a call. Email us your details


Custom Mortgage Pty Ltd - Australian Credit Licence 389927
212 Churchill Road Prospect South Australia 5082 Tel: (08) 8342 2212 Fax: (08) 8342 2218 Email